Midterms can be so stressful. You've only been in the semester for a month or so and now you have a week packed with exams! Instead of losing control, having a mental breakdown in the corner of the library, or eating all the chocolate in your dorm, clam down. I've put together 5 easy tips that will help you get through your midterms with your stress level being at a minimum!
1. You can't push yourself to the breaking point and expect to do well. You need to give yourself time to clear your brain. Go for a quick walk around the library or wherever you're studying. Grab a bite to eat from the fridge or the campus cafeteria. Snacking on fruits and veggies will keep you going strong with no crash in the end! Apples are a great choice because it's been said that they give you just as much energy as coffee! (I can say that has proven to be true for me! I've had to give up coffee for the past 30 days, so I've had an apple every morning. I feel energized and keep that feeling throughout the day!)
2. I know this seems obvious, but it really helps! If you keep yourself organized, finding what you need will be much easier, therefore reducing stress and lost study time. Try color coding you binders or folders, specifying which class is in each!
3. I call my dad every day. During midterms and finals I'll call him 2-3 times a day for positive words of encouragement. Having someone tell you that they are proud of you and they know you'll do great on the test makes you more confidant in your abilities. If you doubt yourself, you won't do good.
4. Drinking 5 cups of coffee will cause you to fry your brain and pass out on your textbook. Starting early and studying in between classes will help you reduce your need for tons of coffee and multiple all-nighters. Sleeping refreshes your brain and lets you think clearly. Clear mind = good grades.
5. Do not get distracted by social media! It can be the death of your grades. It's very easy to get stuck on one of these sites for hours! There goes your study time. There are plenty of sites that let you lock your social media sites during certain times to allow for more studying. Also, no partying! I'm sure that frat party looks tempting, but you need to study and sleep. There will always be another party.
What do you do to keep your stress down during midterms?
Did you find my tips helpful?